I campi contrassegnati con "*" sono obbligatori
Presidente John Cabot University
Italian Law on Privacy
Data Privacy Release - READ & SIGN THIS RELEASE
On the basis of Italian legislative decree n. 196 dated 30 June 2003 (hereinafter the ''Privacy Code''), containing provisions concerning the protection of personal data, JOHN CABOT UNIVERSITY, as the data controller, is required to issue instructions in relation to the use of the personal data of its students. The processing will be based on the principles of correctness, lawfulness and transparency together with the protection of the individual's privacy and rights.
1. Source of the personal data -- The personal data in the possession of JOHN CABOT UNIVERSITY has been obtained from the individual to which such personal data refers (hereinafter the "data subject"). The personal data can, furthermore, be obtained from third parties.
2. Categories of data subject to processing -- For the purposes indicated below, JOHN CABOT UNIVERSITY processes personal data, such as, for example: name; address or other personal identification elements; information concerning the level of education and knowledge of languages; information concerning the student's accommodation while attending the university courses. JOHN CABOT UNIVERSITY, furthermore, in the course of its activity, can also process sensitive data including, as an example, information that would permit the disclosure of the ethnic origin of the student, information relative to a handicap or health problem (allergies, etc.). It is to be noted that on the basis of article 4 of the Privacy Code, this data is "the personal data allowing the disclosure of racial or ethnic origin, religious, philosophical or other beliefs, political opinions, membership of parties, trade unions, associations or organizations of a religious, philosophical, political or trade-unionist character, as well as personal data disclosing health and sex life").
3. Purpose and method of processing -- The personal data in the possession of JOHN CABOT UNIVERSITY is processed for purposes relating to the programming and carrying out of its academic activity. With regard to the aforesaid purposes, the processing of personal data is done utilizing instruments of a manual, electronic or automated nature, in accordance with a logic strictly related to the aforesaid purposes and, in all events, in such a way as to guarantee the security and privacy of the data in question.
4. Data Controller and data processor -- The data controller for the personal data covered by this information is JOHN CABOT UNIVERSITY. The data processor for the personal data is Ms. Danette Anderson, Enrollment Supervisor.
5. Sphere of communication of the personal data and those who can become aware of the same -- For the purposes indicated under point 3 above, JOHN CABOT UNIVERSITY may communicate the personal data to insurance and social security entities, the public administration, external consultants. The personal data may, furthermore, be communicated to the US Office of JOHN CABOT UNIVERSITY, PO BOX 11427, SOUTHPORT, NC - 2871, and to other external consultants charged with maintenance of the IT systems.
6. Nature of the conferring of personal data and the consequences of a refusal to reply -- With regard to the aforesaid purposes, the processing and the communication of your personal data do not require consent in those cases in which the processing and the communication are necessary to fulfill the obligations deriving from a contract or imposed by the law, by regulations or by EU legislation. With regard to the other purposes, the conferring of personal data is optional; however, refusal to provide the same will be evaluated by the data controller on a case-by-case basis and will determine the related consequences which will be connected to the importance of the data requested vis à vis the management of the relationship with the student.
7. Rights of the data subject -- Finally, we inform you that the provisions concerning the protection of personal data allow the data subject to exercise specific rights towards the data controller, on the basis of article 7 of the legislative decree n. 196/2003.