Housing Request Form
EVERY STUDENT REQUESTING HOUSING THROUGH JCU MUST SUBMIT THIS APPLICATION
BEFORE YOU APPLY
A * next to the field indicates a required field
Please be advised that applications will be processed in the order in which they
are received. In cases where the non-refundable housing deposit is required, the
application will not be processed until the deposit payment is received.
- This form MUST BE COMPLETED BY THE INDIVIDUAL REQUESTING HOUSING
- Parents, guardians, and/or study abroad coordinators ARE NOT PERMITED to submit
this form on behalf of the applicant
- All applicants will need to know their home university’s billing policies and relationship
with JCU in order to complete this application. Before you begin, please check with
your home university to see what arrangements (if any) have already been made with
- This application serves as a pre-contract which authorizes our office to secure
housing arrangements for the applicant based on the criteria provided on this form
and to charge the applicant (and/or the applicant’s home school on behalf of the
applicant) the appropriate fees in accordance with our rules and regulations
PAYMENTS AND DEADLINES
I understand that the full housing payment is due according to the table below and
I agree that if my payment is not received by the payment deadline for the corresponding
term, a late fee of $150 will be applied.
||Application deadline (*)
(including housing deposit)
Please be advised that the Gianicolo Residence is the default housing option for
all semesters. Off residence apartments will not be contracted if there are not
enough enrollments to fill the Gianicolo Residence.
Note: Linens and Utilities are included in all prices quoted above. Internet is
not considered a JCU Housing Amenity in the Off Residence Apartments and, therefore,
of no additional cost to students when present and functional. The University and
its housing agents are not responsible for internet malfunctions.
Please place a check in this box to indicate that you understand and agree to the following items 1-2:
- 1. Although JCU takes my requests and preferences into consideration, the housing
office cannot guarantee that I will be placed in the option I have indicated above
- 2. I understand that there are a limited number of spaces in each housing category
and I am aware that housing assignments at JCU are made on a priority scale determined
by the following:
- a. date of application
- b. date of payment received
- c. regular JCU students
- d. returning or yearlong visiting students
- e. New 4 year degree seeking students
- f. Study abroad students from agreement schools
- g. Other/independant study abroad students
Please create your residential profile and assist us in placing you with the right
roommates by answering the following questions in a thoughtful and honest manner.
Note to parents and guardians: DO NOT FILL THIS PROFILE OUT ON BEHALF OF THE STUDENTS.
Please respect their privacy and allow them to complete this portion of the form
without your influence.
Please select the most accurate response:
(*) JCU Housing is meant to satisfy academic needs first
and social ones secondarily. Furthermore, overnight guests are not permitted in
our housing under any circumstances due to Italian anti-terrorist and immigration
- 1. Housing Deposit:
- a. This application will not be processed the non-refundable housing deposit has
been paid (unless the deposit is waived).
- b. The housing deposit is a non-refundable down payment that will eventually be
applied towards the full amount of the corresponding housing payment.
- c. If the housing deposit was waived, John Cabot University reserve the right to
charge the applicant the full amount of the housing deposit if the application is
cancelled after the housing deadline for the corresponding term.
- 2. Cancellation:
- a. I understand that if I wish to cancel or withdraw my request for housing, I must
do so in writing by emailing email@example.com on or before the application
deadline for the corresponding term.
- b. I understand that should I choose to withdraw my application for housing, I will
forfeit the housing deposit (even if the housing deposit was waived due to a billing
arrangement between JCU and my home university).
- c. I understand that should I choose to withdraw my application or cancel my request
for housing AFTER the full payment deadline for the corresponding term, John Cabot
University reserves the right to charge me either personally or through my home
university for the full cost of housing.
- 3. Refund Policy:
- a. I understand that completed Housing Payments may be fully refunded (less the
non -refundable Housing Deposit) if notice is received in writing before the payment
deadline for the corresponding term.
- b. I agree that if a cancellation request is received in writing after the payment
deadline and before the move in date for the corresponding term, a refund will be
granted for half the amount paid less the non-refundable deposit.
- c. Cancellation requests received after the move in date for the corresponding term
will not be granted a refund. Likewise, after occupancy, no refunds will be possible.
- 4. Housing Move-in and Move-out:
- a. Please note that you cannot move in to your apartment before the move-in date
and must vacate the apartment on or before the move-out date. Please see the Housing
Move In and Out of the Housing website.
- 5. Immigration Requirements:
- a. I understand that I am responsible for obtaining and maintaining my legal status
in Italy: I will obtain my STUDENT VISA prior to entering the EU and complete the
"Permit to Stay" within 8 days of entering Italian territory. I understand that
failure to comply with immigration laws is a forfeit of my housing accommodations,
with no available refund, and that JCU does not accept liability for students who
do not complete their legal requirements.
By checking this box I agree that I have read and understand items 1-5 of the legal
disclaimer above. I also agree that to abide by the rules, regulations, policies,
and procedures of the JCU Housing Office as outlined on the Housing, Rules and Policies
and JCU Housing Policies and Regulations sections of the JCU website. Finally I
understand that this application is considered a legally binding contract from the
moment it is submitted.
By signing this document I give the JCU Housing Office my consent to process any
personal data required to provide and maintain my housing at JCU (Privacy: Italian
legislative decree n. 196 dated 30 June 2003).